BKHS COUNSELING NEWS PAGE
Mr. Ethan Albertson
I am the Jr/Sr high school counselor at Belmond-Klemme. I have been in education for 13 years and have had experience teaching both in Iowa and Arizona. I am a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and I received my Masters Degree from Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, IA.
If you need your BKHS High School Transcript sent to an institution, please contact me and I can help with that.
phone: 641.444.4300 x2241
Important Notes and Dates
SUMMER ACT- June 12 @ NIACC and in Hampton, July 17th @ NIACC
FALL 2021 ACT will be at BKHS on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th and SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23rd both at 8am Check-in,
all registrations occur through www.act.org September test is for Seniors, October test can be Juniors or Seniors
- all ACT registrations are first-come/first-serve and are subject to limited registrations.
SPRING 2022 ACT SATURDAY 8AM, APRIL 2nd. Students need to show up to tests at 8am and bring Admission Ticket and Driver's License/Permit.
Students who are on free/reduced lunch qualify for a Fee-Waiver, see Mr. Albertson for this. This test is typically Juniors with a few Seniors who need to take the test or are trying for a better score.
-Access the free online ACT practice test on www.act.org/theact/testprep
All male students in the senior class are required to register for the selective service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. If not completed, it can affect eligibility for Federal Student Aid.
College Campus Visit Days are available to Juniors (1 visit day) and Seniors (2 visit days). If you need help setting up a visit day, Mr. Albertson can help with that. It will be necessary to have your teachers complete your pink slip before you are eligible for a visit day.
FAFSA and Financial Aid Info:
In order to file FAFSA, go to www.fafsa.gov. The student and the parent needs to have an account, a FSA ID. FAFSA may be submitted as early as October 1st, almost a full year before the school year receiving financial aid. Here are tips for filing
1. File your FAFSA no matter what your financial situation may be, also must complete for Iowa's "Last Dollar Scholarship"
2. Use www.fafsa.gov and never pay to file
3. Make sure your FAFSA is directed to go to the college or institution you have applied to attend
4. Meet college and state deadlines
5. Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool to export your tax info onto your FAFSA easily!
6. Iowa Residents: complete the Iowa Financial Aid application and you can link directly from FAFSA.
|Contact: Ethan Albertson|