BKHS COUNSELING NEWS PAGE
Mr. Ethan Albertson
I am the Jr/Sr high school counselor at Belmond-Klemme. I have been in education for 13 years and have had experience teaching both in Iowa and Arizona. I am a graduate of the University of Northern Iowa and I received my Masters Degree from Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, IA.
If you need your BKHS High School Transcript sent to an institution, please contact me and I can help with that.
phone: 641.444.4300 x2241
Important Notes and Dates
FALL 2020 ACT will be at BKHS on Saturday, September 19th AND ALSO Saturday, October 24th register on www.act.org
SPRING 2021 ACT on Saturday, April 17th. Students need to show up to tests at 8am and bring Admission Ticket and Driver's License/Permit.
-Access the free online ACT practice test on www.act.org/theact/testprep
All male students in the senior class are required to register for the selective service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. If not completed, it can affect eligibility for Federal Student Aid.
College Campus Visit Days are available to Juniors (1 visit day) and Seniors (2 visit days). If you need help setting up a visit day, Mr. Albertson can help with that. It will be necessary to have your teachers complete your pink slip before you are eligible for a visit day.
FAFSA and Financial Aid Info:
In order to file FAFSA, go to www.fafsa.gov. The student and the parent needs to have an account, a FSA ID. FAFSA may be submitted as early as October 1st, almost a full year before the school year receiving financial aid. Here are tips for filing
1. File your FAFSA no matter what your financial situation may be, also must complete for Iowa's "Last Dollar Scholarship"
2. Use www.fafsa.gov and never pay to file
3. Make sure your FAFSA is directed to go to the college or institution you have applied to attend
4. Meet college and state deadlines
5. Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool to export your tax info onto your FAFSA easily!
6. Iowa Residents: complete the Iowa Financial Aid application and you can link directly from FAFSA.
|Contact: Ethan Albertson|